
3) College Notes & High School Assignments. I have a file for every class I took that are all neat and organized by section. My younger brother has taken some of the same classes so the notes, old test, assignments and books came in handy for him while we were both in college. But since I've graduated I doubt he's going to have the same professors or even the same books so there's no point in these notes hiding out in the closet of the guest room. Speaking of books, why did I keep all the textbooks that didn't get bought back is beyond me. Like I'm going to use Sociology I or Business Calculus ever again.
2) Old electronic stuff. We have computer monitor and a old vhs combo tv hiding in our laundry room. Not to mention the computer tower and broken printer in the guest bedroom closet. I did sell a old fax on craigslist, then posted a old tv as a curb alert, so I am making progress. Maybe I will finally put that broken blender to the trash along with the broken drink mixer, I keep thinking they will fix themselves.
1) Clothes that are in my closet at my parents' house, why on earth I have clothes from highschool hiding out there is beyond me. I have every formal dress, homecoming dress, and prom dress. All those t-shirts for football games, cheerleading, senior shirts, and class pride. Plus a few random Abercrombie and Holister shorts that are wayyy too short for me to even be thinking of attempting to wear. Oh and I probably should get rid of the clothes hiding out in our guest bedroom that I haven't worn in forever... but maybe those will come back in style....












I hear ya on the old electronic stuff... we have a broken TV that's been sitting on DH's work bench for two months. But I keep saying it's not MY junk to throw away-- it's DH's responsibility!
ReplyDelete~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom
Dang - I guess I'm a hoarder...
ReplyDeleteMy husband has boxes of old computer junk and old monitors in the garage. When will they ever come back in style.. or work again?
I do sort thru the kids clothes occassionally and send some to nieces or nephews...
Yea ... I'd toss those calc. papers .... unless you have some A's that you can show your kids some day ;-)
ReplyDeleteThis is a really good post, I just tossed shoes.. it was a sad day.. But I have room for more! I totally agree I have TONS of clothes at my mom's house. I have lots of A&F goodies too!
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the old assignments! I wasn't super organized in high school, but I was in college - every class has a binder and notebook and I still have them!
ReplyDeleteI'm following you now! Love the blog!
Wow..old assignments..toss 'em unless you want to use 'em again! Just kidding..I have lots of old bank statements that I really need to shred. Following you now! Nice to meet ya! I am coming over from Top 3 Thursday meme with Confessions of a working mom and the un-experienced mom!
ReplyDeleteugh, number three is so hard for me. I'm telling you, my mind knows that I can't fit in those clothes....ever. But my heart.....just can't do it.
ReplyDeletehahaha I save my books that didnt get bought back too...throwing them away is like throwing away 100$ because their in good condition still so I hear ya on that one...and of course as wel with the clothes! haha I wear my old senior shirts and too small Abercrombie shirts as sleep shirts now lol!
ReplyDeletethanks for stopping by, have a great week! your other blog looks fabulous i'll be browsing for recipes =)
I know what you mean about the clothes! I really need to throw many of mine away--there's no way I'll ever fit into them again!
ReplyDeleteI think we are so much a like! I have lugged rubbermaid totes full of textbooks, notes, projects, etc. from my school days. Within the last year I have started purging some but there are still some that I just can't let go of. Why is that?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteI actually could have listed all of those things because it's so true for me, too. Why can't we let go of these things?!
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing!
Tamara
www.theunexperiencedmom.com
www.blogconferencenewbie.com